Well, obviously JAF is an acronym, but it's a nice acronym. It's easy to say, it's short and it drops easily into conversations. In my case it's short for John A Fotheringham. So short in fact, that people actually call me Jaf.
But elsewhere in the world what, who and where are the JAFs?
Note, this page was updated in Feb '2000, at which time all links were valid. In the process I had to discard just under 50% of the links that used to be on this page, and some of the links are less obviously JAF-related than when I first found them. Don't let anyone tell you JAF's don't move!
Contents of this page
JAFs around the World
ArgentinaOther JAF's home pages
Rest of the world (i.e. USA)
Well I will confess to not knowing much about Argentina, but it seems
- They know how to rock and roll (Shockwave and a knowledge of Spanish required).
Exciting place Belgium, after all where else could you
- Find a manufacturer of Waders, umbrellas and tents
- I don't understand the alphabet, never mind the language here, so this all looks a little fishy to me.
- The Finns have a callable JAF. Well I'm callable too, after a fashion, but to the Finns JAF is a mathematical algorithm. Remember, do 2 JAF what you would have JAF do to you
There are lots of JAF's in France. It's something to do with the letter F, which is understandable, as I've always been rather fond of it myself. So..
- Here's what the youth of today are up to in Germany.
(well probably not, actually)
- What's JAF got to do with the diary of Anne Frank? Let's go and see, shall we?
- As Heaven 17 once sang "We don't want that Fascist Groove Thang"
- Fancy an edible JAF? Try this cooking ingredient.
JAF's are, of course Big in Japan.
- Car broken down? Join the motoring organisation who used to have a wonderful page concerned, quite naturally, concerned about senior citizens on ice.
- Last minute shopping? Come to the shopping mall,
- Of course being PC in okinawa is very important these days
- You'll be amazed by a Mazda if you enter the JAF Kinki Gymkhana Championship?
Now who'd have thought you'd find JAF's in Korea?
- Want some Filter paper (of course you do). Check out the pretty pictures of the paper products, and don't forget to use the right catalogue number in your order.
- Here's a JAF that will help keep both you and your swimming pool clean
- A Nuclear Power plant which has had some success startling fish. (I don't make this up you know!)
- By now you'll be expecting some tall stories
- How about indexing your soil samples? One of many examples at the same site.
- Don't lose faith, we have our own Church or ministry
- Need some money, want a grant? Then visit our very own charity.
- Actually, if you don't want charity then why not cut out the coupons instead.
- Wrestling with a problem? In your dreams!
- Let JAF help you navigate in your car (CD player not included)
- If you get enough of them, you could try JAF racing
- It's about now I start singing (exhibiting?) Madness. "I like driving in my car, it's not quite a Jaguar!"
- Can I park your car sir?
- Can I park your helicopter instead?
- After all, we're all big fans of rotary blowers
- Don't let anyone pull the rug from under us.
- But enough of this horsing around, where can we find a Jaf with breeding?
- Your own Police force. A tenuous link, but check the title.
- According to Jane, JAF will defend you.
- Oh my word! We've just gone to JAFCON 7!!!
- Shall I draw you a map?
- This will help you get your bearings.
- I don't want to get technical, but... get some energy saving light in here!
- Speaking of which if you only want a little light, look for the grain of rice (number 5).
- Viva Las Vegas!
- Did you know JAF is 100% pure Java? This one will make searching for JAF's a lot harder quite soon.
- Warning! There's fraud on the internet!
- Fed up of all that Jazz? then this isn't the link for you.
- Here's a JAF with a famous bottom. Takes all sorts I suppose.
- My, That sounds better than MP3.
- Remember - if in doubt - just say "jaf!"
- After all, what's in a name?
If you have any comments, or know any more JAFs email me at firstname.lastname@example.org (who else?)
(Page first created 30-Jan-1997. Last updated 14-Apr-2005)