There's not much point having a web site and web space if you can't flaunt it. So, in addition to our more straightlaced and serious pages offering software services here are the other odds and ends that we've found a corner for on this web site:-
- Felstead Guest House. This is a guest house in Inverness, Scotland run by the Aunt of our glorious managing director [ :-) ].
As you'll see, it's rather nice, and people who have stayed there are full of compliments for the welcome you'll receive there. Should you ever need to visit Inverness, this is the place to stay.
- Jaf's guide to search engines. This is a list of search engines known to us, together with URLs for their advanced search and help pages. We try to keep this updated as we observe our site being spidered. A shorter page contains search engine (URLs only)
- JafSoft's list of web robots and link checkers. This is a list of the robots (search engines and other) that have visited our site, together with the IP addresses they use, and links to their home page. Again, this information is updated as we observe our site being visited.
- Jaf's cribsheets. JafSoft develop their software products mostly in C++ using MFC. As anyone who develops software knows, this can be a steep learning curve with many frustrations along the way. These "crib sheets" document solutions I've encountered for particular issues. Maybe I'm just documenting my own stupidity here, but each problem took me days to solve, and if these files help anyone, they're welcome to them. Please note, these are "crib sheets" and not tutorials.
- Jaf's Introduction to the Internet. This is a training course originally given in 1997 to Hong Kong university. As such it is beginning to show its age, and it may well be updated shortly. Having produced the course, I saw no reason not to share it. You can download the course in .zip format, so that it will always be available on your own machine. Enjoy.
- Roger Wong's Red Alert FAQ V1.04. This is the last free version of Roger Wong's Red Alert FAQ. Roger was the first ever customer for AscToHTM, and this was the first major document to be converted from text to HTML using AscToHTM. Roger has kindly agreed to allow us to host this page on our web site... which just goes to prove that he is truly a master of strategy!
- List of sites that link to us. This page lists many of the sites that link to our key pages.
- What's a JAF
- Example conversions. These pages show some of the results of using JafSoft conversion software. Of course this entire site is generated from plain text files using JafSoft's AscToHTM (sorry, couldn't resist the plug!).
- FAQ's and other documentation. The following documentation is available on-line at this site.
Many of these can be downloaded as .zip files to be saved on your hard disk for reading offline. RTF versions are also available. All documentation is generated by the software itself.
home - news - search this site - feedback - contact us